Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Final Blog

Blogging throughout the semester was a new and fun experience. I had always known what blogging was, and had followed a few blogs, but never had one of my own. The topic of my blog from week to week was how blogging has become a form of public relations in its own way. With research conducted on my own and lessons learned in class, it is clear that social media as a whole is taking over as a form of public relations. Knowing this, and knowing that the use of social media will continue to rise, it has been beneficial to start blogging as I will most likely use it in my future as a PR professional. That being said, as a final post, I will comment on two of my classmates blogs and how they could use their blogs within their future careers.
Classmate Jordana has had a series of blogs focusing on The American Cancer Society. Her blog is very well put together; the writing, the visuals, and even the background color are all great PR tactics. They represent the organization as a whole and draw the attention of the reader causing the reader to remember that the blog is about The American Cancer Society. If Jordana were to work for this organization, or any non-profit, blogs are a great way to spread the word and garner more attention. Interactive blogs like hers keep readers coming back for more which continues to promote the things the society does.
Classmate Mara also had a very visually appealing blog with a focus on PR campaigns across the globe. Her blog was well written and had a strong focus on her topic that carried throughout the semester. Along with PR Research, I also take International PR, so it was a interesting to look at Mara's blogs about global campaigns and compare it to campaigns we have learned about in class. Blogging about PR in other countries is a great form of PR since PR is so different abroad. Blogs bring about an awareness that everyday people can use to educate themselves on worldy matters.
As I wrap up my final post of the semester, I hope you have enjoyed reading my thoughts because it has been a very fun way to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment