Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Classmates Blogs

For the past three blog posts, I have written about how blogging is becoming the newest form of PR for companies and celebrities to use. This week, I am going to take a look at two other blogs written by classmates in PRR332 who have completely different blog topics. This will give me a chance to explore other types of PR that I am interested in but do not know much about.
The first blog I looked at was Sammi Roman's blog on fashion PR. Maybe it's a stereotype, but as a female, I don't find it hard to believe that I love fashion. Going shopping is, admittedly, one of my favorite hobbies. As a young girl I loved playing dress up and picking out outfits for my barbies. So, reading about fashion was very exciting for me. I was especially interested when she blogged about ethics and mentioned how poorly workers were treated, but at the same time these designers are donating so much money to charities to help raise awareness in areas such as abuse. These designers are talented yes, but are they smart enough to realize what is going on behind closed doors? As the saying goes "practice what you preach." If these designers are going to spread the word on how abuse is unexceptable, then maybe they should be hiring new people to run their factories that don't abuse their workers.
The second blog I read and found interesting was written by Lisa Perez. I am a sucker for reality TV, especially the show "Jersey Shore" on MTV. In her blog about ethics she mentioned the Jersey Shore and how viewers would not be witnesses to such ridiculous drama if it wasn't for MTV placing hidden cameras everywhere around the house. However, the topic of hidden cameras brings up the issue of ethics and whether or not it is okay to film certain things and then have them be viewed by millions each week.  Luckily for MTV, there are certain rules, and paperwork must be signed before housemates themselves and housemates "guests for the night" are able to show their faces on the small screen. Not all stations or people are as ethical as MTV. Some people don't have standards and will do anything for a buck, or a laugh at someone else's expense. Remember to always keep an eye out for those hidden cameras, in this day and age, they could be anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment